Many dentists recommend orthodontic treatment to people who have crooked teeth, crowded teeth or a bite problem. By properly aligning your teeth, jaw and lips, our specialist can make an astonishing improvement in your appearance.
Benefits of Orthodontics
- Fix crooked & crowded teeth that are hard to clean and maintain (Straight teeth stay cleaner!)
- Creates a beautiful, well-aligned smile and enhances the facial jaw alignment
- Well-aligned teeth prevent premature ware of tooth enamel and problems with chronic headaches, neck, and jaw pain that could develop later
- Maximizes teeth’s functional effectiveness (A more exact bite makes chewing and speaking easier)
- Helps better process of food by having tooth surfaces well interconnected.
Type of Orthodontics
Metal brackets is a popular choice among young patients. Metal brackets is attached to the teeth and tiny rubber bands (ligatures) are used to hold the tiny arch wire onto the brackets. Metal braces are the least expensive of all types of braces, and the ligature ties come in a choice of rainbow colors.
Clear brackets is a popular choice among adults since ceramic brackets blend in with your natural teeth and are less noticeable than metal brackets. These brackets are made from high-tech ceramic and smooth around the edges producing a comfortable fit. The ligatures (tiny rubber bands) that hold the arch wire onto the ceramic brackets are white or clear making the appearance of your braces least noticeable.
Damon/ Self-litigating Braces
Damon braces are a new type of braces which is known as “self-ligating”. This system does not require an adjustment manually as often as the regular braces. Unlike the traditional braces, Damon system does not create friction against your teeth and your mouth. Therefore, Damon system is more comfortable. With this new technology, the usage of headgear and palatal expanders are no longer needed because this new Damon system does it all by itself.
Invisalign treatment takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for only you. These aligners trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth.
Retainers are tools that help maintaining the position of straighten teeth after the braces have been removed. They are mostly used on the last process of orthodontics treatment.
Orthodontics for Pre-Teens and Teens
Most specialists recommend your child to receive an orthodontic evaluation by the age of seven. Orthodontic treatments during the teen years may help prevent bite and possible gum and jaw problems that can develop in the future. Since teens are still growing, the teen years are the best time to correct orthodontic problems to achieve the best results.
Orthodontics for Adults
The process of re-aligning the teeth is the same at any age. However, since the jaw and facial bones are no longer growing, corrections may not be achievable with braces alone and adult treatments usually take longer period of time than a child’s treatment.
- Open bite (cannot bite foods with the front teeth) and gap/spacing (lower teeth) correction
- This case shows crowding teeth were corrected by our orthodontic treatment.
- This case shows gap or spacing was corrected by our orthodontic treatment.
- Cross bite (lower teeth cover upper teeth) was corrected by our orthodontic treatment.